Monday, April 17, 2017

I'm A Failure

"Just as you thought at good things come to an end, that's when the new chapter began".

I posted a picture of me overlooking sunset in Ipoh with caption above.

It's not a gimmicky picture with a profound picture; in fact, a new chapter of my life is about to begin. This new chapter is a vast empty page which I do not have clue what it may hold for me. But somehow, I do believe this new chapter is necessary.

Who among us are so frustrate at the situation at this very moment that you want to start all over again hoping the next chapter will be good?

I decided to start new chapter because I believe I have hit the rock bottom. This rock bottom hits hard, really hard until it woke me up. I woke up from being lie to myself that everything will be okay. I lie to myself that this is not a failure. I lie to myself that the path that I'm taking is right.

But I have to face reality. Everything is not okay. Everything is a failure. The path I'm taking is not right.

This failure has taught me so much. It taught me confidence. It taught me what matters the most in life. It taught me to open my eye wide open to see what people truly are. It taught to be responsible for yourself and people around you. It taught me comparison with your friends are not useful. It taught me to be humble. Failure taught me that I have a strong will and more discipline that I had suspected.

Yes, I'm a failure. But it doesn't mean I will be a failure next month. To overcome failure is to admit your failure. From then, you will have determination to make a difference.

Failure meant stripping away of the inessential. From failure, you will know your essentials in life. Once you know the essentials in your life, you will take action to obtain it. You will take action to keep it. You will direct all the energy in life to obtain these essentials.

Failure meant to be true to yourself. Failure makes you stop to pretend to yourself that you were not anything other than what you were.

Failure doesn't mean you are worthless nor useless. Failure is inevitable in life. It is impossible to live without failing at something - unless you lived so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all.

The knowledge that you have emerged wiser and stronger from setbacks means that you are ever after secure in your ability to survive.

Don't blame yourself for the failures in your life. Accept it. Forgive yourself. You are meant for greatness. You are meant for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment