Friday, July 27, 2012

I Wanna Go


So last Monday, I went out with my girlfriend, so she asked me whether want to have a holiday trip.
I sounded reluctant with my answers and she was surprised that a boy who doesn’t like to stay at home is reluctant to travel.
Yeah, I was surprised with myself too. I cannot sit still and I like to go here and there. I don’t know why I’m so reluctant to travel. Perhaps, I’m lying to myself that I’m too occupied with my work or am I just plain lazy to travel?
My friends have been pestering me to go to Bangkok since the food is nice and things are cheap. Seriously, is there any hidden gold there? Why everyone is going there? I guess only my baby knows why until now I still haven’t traveled to Bangkok – I’m not gay friendly.
Honestly, there are several places I really would like to go before I die but sadly I could not afford it right now. Maybe by God’s willing, I’ll be there someday soon. Here is the list:

Prague
The capital city of Czech Republic in central Europe. The combination of an awe-inspiring history and nostalgia  gothic architectural overachievement in the city is simply inviting. I always dream that I could stroll along its Old Town Bridge Tower to enjoy the breathtaking scene of The Prague Castle overlooking the sentimental city. Simply romantic! Really, if I’m lucky enough, I want to take my wedding photos there!

Amsterdam 



Honestly, two things come to my mind when I come across the word ‘Holland’ – orange and Van Gogh Museum. I guess you are surprised that a faggot like me would appreciate painting so much. But seriously, I don’t know much about art but Vincent van Gogh’s artwork is really beautiful and emotional. Yes you’re right, emotional =emo=Alvin.  No other place that houses the largest collection of paintings by Vincent van Gogh except the Van Goh Museum . To name a few of my favourite  paintings which permanently being displayed there : Landscape at Twilight, View of the Sea at Scheveningen, Irises and Roofs in Paris (my all time favorite Starry Night painting is in New York)

New York City 



Gosh, how should I begin to describe the Big Apple? NYC has its own distinctive culture and it is an epitome of cosmopolitan. So no surprise that  a diva like me loves this cosmopolitan so much. Yes, imagining myself dressed up demurely and walking down the street of Fifth Avenue. Or maybe just take a yellow taxi to Times Square and blinded by the digital billboards there. Or maybe just stroll in Central Park and watch New Yorkers pass their day.Or maybe have a solemn evening to remember the 911 victims at World Trade Center. To honest with you, I promise myself to do New Year countdown  and watch the ball drops at Times Square before I die =)


Jerusalem



Halleluyah! Return to holy land! I know im not a religious person but I do believe in Almighty God. I know we can be closer to God whenever and wherever we want to because He is always up there watching us but I believe Jerusalem is  the significant biblical place where I can learn God more with much humility and to learn where we come from and how the world gonna end. The focal point of Islam, Christianity and Judaism, Juruselam has been destroyed twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times and captured 44 times. This old city tells so many stories. King Solomon built the First Temple in the city. Jesus was crucified there. The city is the first Qibla for Islam. Temple Mount also situated in Jerusalem in which God created Adam there and the site of Abraham’s binding of Isaac and the location for Muhammad ascent to heaven. The Dome of the Rock also sits at Temple Mount in which the Holy Temple will be rebuilt there a.k.a. the most apparent sign of the return of Jesus. Okay, don’t go further or else I tell you a long and winding biblical stories. I know Malaysia doesn’t have diplomatic ties with Israel but if not mistaken, Malaysians can go there through Palestine and enter Israel on the basis of religious pilgrimage.

Disneyland 



I still have this silly childhood belief that Mickey Mouse lives in Disneyland. Even now, my bed room in Ipoh is still hanging the  big long picture of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy mascot with Disneyland as its background. When I was small, the closest Disneyland was in Tokyo and it was not cheap to go there back then and even now.
In 2001, my family and I visited Hong Kong for second time but that time Disneyland Hong Kong was under construction. So I told my mom I really wish to go to Disneyland so why not let’s visit Hong Kong once again when it is completed.
Sadly, my dream never came true as my family started to break up piece by piece. I was left alone most of the time during the crisis. So I just locked myself up in the room and try to sleep early and stared at the Disneyland picture on my wall because there’s saying goes that  Disneyland is the happiest place on earth and hope my dream would come true.
After years has gone, I have graduated and working for years now and I think I’m capable to visit Disneyland in Hong Kong but sadly I could not find anyone that could accompany me. You might say I had a lover – well, he promised me to bring me there for Christmas last year but we broke up. FYI, he is going to Disneyland Tokyo end of this year!
 And for Christmas this year, someone also promised me to bring me there but I guess the promise is meant to be broken as I don’t have any special position for him to fulfill the promise.  Seriously, I don’t know why the plan is canceled; perhaps he is more interested with Thai boys rather than Mickey Mouse. Gosh, he just ruined a child’s dream.
Well, I guess I should not hold any hope to go to Disneyland  anymore as everytime I wanted  to go there,  it would ensued by disasters.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
I guess all I can do now is just wish upon the star and hope that I can go to one of the mentioned places above. 


No comments:

Post a Comment