Thursday, August 14, 2014

Live and Let Die

He was a genie, a nanny, a radio deejay, a hunter, Popeye, Peter Pan, a robot, a doctor, a penguin, President of USA and the list goes on and most of all, he was a comedian who never failed to give us laughter on the silver screen. But on Monday, our laughter poked by this comedian had turned to sorrow.

I believe you and I were devastated that Robin Williams has passed on. I guess it's safe to say that we watched at least one of his movies in our lives. I came to know about this actor when my mom bought me a VHS tape Jumanji when i was like eight years old and  Robin Williams was an epitome of comedy movies for me ever since.

Never knew behind the man who gave us the heart-warming joy and laughter was a man who had been suffering from depression. He didn't kill himself, depression killed him.

How you gonna diagnosis whether a person is suffering from depression? What are the differences between sadness and depression? Fate dictates us that there are times that sadness will occur in our lives but don't let sadness to overwhelm us.

I know life sucks most of the time. Hopelessness, worthlessness and restlessness are the demons that drive everyone into sadness or depression in this case. I have to admit that I don't see the world as beautiful as it's promised to be sometimes. I see the world as a dark and hopeless place to live.Really, everytime i scroll down my Facebook, i would envy those who post those pictures which they look so happy and so complacent. What about me? I will question myself why i could not have that happiness. Is it fated for me that i will lead a long and winding road kinda life or am i too blind to appreciate all that i have?

But life goes on, i have to move on with my life. Life is really short, so don't waste my time to compare with others. And don't waste your time doing things that you don't like. It will be a very
sad ending when you're on the deathbed and recalling the things that you didn't like but you did it. Live and let die.

Let me end my entry with this quote from Robin Williams:

“You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.”

Farewell, Mr. Williams and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment