Sunday, November 15, 2015

Top 10 Wedding Songs

So my bud and I were discussing about wedding songs. I don't have any clues whether my wedding songs will ever be played since my marriage is not legal here. So let's make an assumption that gay is okay here - below are the list of songs that I really wish to be played during my wedding. Or if someone out there want to make my day by melting me, you can play this song for me too (trust me, no Uptown Funk hahaha) :

Here's my top 10 wedding song:

1. Turning Page by Sleeping At Last




Maybe I'm a big fan of Twilight Saga - it would be very cool to have same wedding song, in fact, the song in which Bella walked down the aisle...awww..Even the lyric could melt me. "Nothing prepared me for the privilege of being yours". But wait, this song was taken by my girl friend for her wedding,geez, i don't want to be a copycat.

2. Forever Love by Gary Barlow





"Now my dreams are filled with the times when were together. Guess what I need from here is forever love". Imaging this song is played during the first dance of the wedding night...awww


3. Signed, Seal, Delivered I'm Yours by Stevie Wonder




Who could resist the soul rhythm that could get you up on the feet? In this case, rather than those mellow songs, why not enliven your wedding with this upbeat song. The lyric is catchy too - imagining your man singing 'Here I am baby. Signed, seal, delivered I'm yours'...awww


4. Forever by Mariah Carey




How could you have a wedding without the blessing of the DIVA?! Listening to her songs ever since I was small, so the most important night of my life will not be complete without her legendary voice to serenade the night. This song literally takes my breath away. The way she goes from whisper  to belt  to head note and back again is just breathtaking! Gosh, i need an oxygen tank now!

5. Fly Me To The Moon by Frank Sinatra



I love this song very much. Aside from his irreplaceable voice, the opening line just pinpoints the feelings of falling in love with great metaphor; Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars... Seriously, from my experience, you will go floating above the ground and you could go to the space - the feeling is just overwhelming. Geez, how i miss those feeling.

6. Make Me Feel My Love by Kelly Clarkson





I know this song is made popular by Adele (though originated from Bob Dylan) but for me, Kelly Clarkson has the best cover. Adele is bit emo for, you don't want to have your wedding to be an emo setting right? It's a poignant song that covers many depths of emotion. It resonates the feelings inside for the person you really love. I could make oyu happy, make your dreams come true. There's nothing that I wouldn't do . I'd go to the ends of this Earth for you. To make you feel my love - Melted!

7. Beauty and The Beast by Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson




Don't laugh! Is it wrong to have my childhood favourite at my own wedding? Among Disney classics, Beauty and The Beast has to be my favourite. It is wonderful that this wonderful movie has a wonderful song. I don't know how you interpret the lyric but the way I look at it, Mrs Potts is describing the love which has developed between Beast and Belle as both of them dancing at the hall with such strong passion for each other. If you have no idea what the song is all about - let me decipher few lines for you.

Barely even friends then somebody bends unexpectedly - started as acquaintance but as time goes, they fall in love, unexpectedly.

Both a little scared, neither one prepared, beauty and the beast - Both beast and Belle were not ready nor prepared for a relationship but they did give a try

Certain as the sun, rising in the east - Their love is strong and defies time as certain as the sun rise in the east


8. Love Someone by Jason Mraz





When you love someone, it comes back to you if it doesn't that's not love. I feel the words and music match it together so well. The harmonising vocal is so beautiful that they are amazing together and you feel the message coz you've felt it and couldn't put all the right words together on your own.


9.  If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys




Beautiful lyric sung by beautiful voice by a beautiful lady. This song is simply beautiful. The song resonates the love that transcends fortune, materials, fame and youth. Just love it.

10. Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron & Wine




For the record, this song is never about love. It doesn't have any hidden romantic meaning at all.

It's all metaphorical. The flightless bird is referring to a woman who she loves this very man. The man had his own dream to take flight and pursue his own dream. Unfortunately, this woman is left grounded with her dreams unfulfilled as a pill-swallowing housewife.  'A Fat House Cat' could be a reference to her husband that becoming a stereotypical couch potato who has just become lazy and careless.

But who cares ! Edward and Bella had make a huge difference for this song at thier wedding! Then the whole world gone mad over this song as it is made to believe that it was a romantic song. I love this song too. Inspired by this song. I once posted a FB shoutout stated  'Whenever I'm with you, this flightless bird has found its nest". And the person that I like acknowledged this message by click 'like'...awwww.

That's all folks. I hope my songs above could really make a whole lot of difference for your wedding. Wedding only comes once in a lifetime, don't spoilt it. Appreciate it and make it great because some of us may don't have the chance. I know I don't have the chance for sure. The law doesn't permit to do so. Even the law permits, I don't have anyone to walk the aisle with me. Oh well, life goes on.

Since it's all about wedding, let me end this entry with Jay Chou wedding. Jay Chou being Jay Chou, everything looks so perfect, even his self-composed song is so beautiful!!


No comments:

Post a Comment