Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I've resigned

Sorry as I've been hiding from you guys for a week now.

For past one week, it was not an easy period for me as I've decided to take a bold step to tender my resignation. You might think that I'm leaving for better offer but this isn't the case.

Yes, I'm leaving my current job without any next job installed for me. That's right, I'll be jobless in end of next month after serving my one month notice period.

I know this is a very risky and unwise move that I ever took in my career as I could not guarantee that I will have a job after month notice.

Why I resign?

It has been three years and a half I've been attached to my current company. Indeed, it has been a valuable learning ground for me to groom myself to be a Public Relations practitioner. I'm very proud that I could have the golden opportunities to handle big international brands which would polish my résumé/portfolio for my career advancement.

But three years have passed, job scope  has become mundane, career path has become stagnant and corporate ladder is not there for me to climb anymore. I've been spending too much time in my comfort zone.

I still execute my obligations and responsibilities for my clients but without any fire and passion in me anymore. I know the best practice is to leave when you have secured the next job but I defied the common recommended practice and resigned because it has reached my threshold and I could not go further anymore. 

Please respect my decision.Absolutely no regrets and please move on with me.

For those who are in the dilemma of thinking want to quit or not, let me tell you this, quitting doesn't mean you are loser if you have tried your best or even you have achieved so much and gained so many valuable experiences. When you think you have enough, it's time to move on my dear.

If you're so afraid to take the chances, how you gonna to reach the top? The success favors the bold.

Try to have no regrets when you have already made your thorough decision and honor your decision. If you stuck at the same position of your career advancement and you think that you deserve more, if you have no liabilities, just quit. There's a whole world out there waiting for you to explore. I know what's in me and you is out there. 

Each step is the hardest,you gotta be patient. I know you will make it.

I still love PR and communication industry , so if you know any related vacancy, please do inform me. 

Before i end my entry, here is a little divine quote for you:

Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning - Trust Him


1 comment: