Sunday, December 1, 2013

Girl On Fire!

I never thought that i would had the chance to watch Alicia Keys singing If I Ain't Got You right in front of me. Yes, i bought the ticket for Alicia Key's Set The World On Fire World Tour in Kuala Lumpur.

Although initially, it was a terrible experience for this concert. Coz i was at Kesas Highway's junction to Stadium Bukit Jalil and my gosh, the jam was so terrible - so terrible until it consumed me an hour to get into the car park. I was pretty sure that the parking was managed by dumbasses coz they only opened two gates for the car park. Come on, you were expecting thousand upon thousand of Alicia Keys' fans and they only opened only two gates?! Gotta be ludicrous.

Anyway, back to the concert and my God, i know she is pretty but i never knew she is that pretty in person! I don't want to blog so much about her concert as i'm pretty sure you can read the news in the mainstream media. The concert was superb and i never will ever forget the moment when the whole audience sang the Fallin' with her - she just brought the house down!

Some of my friends were surprised that i forked out money to purchase her ticket. Normally, i would wait for free tickets) but for Alicia Keys was exceptional case. I have been fan of hers since her debut single Fallin' back when i was Form 3.

This mother of one could sing and her songs, can't deny it, simply marvelous. Aside from her talent in singing, one thing that makes me adore her so much is that she writes very well and so profoundly. I have to admit this, when I'm emo (as always), i would listen to her songs and it gives me so much inspiration to write so much in this very pathetic blog of mine.

I guess she already melted your heart with the evergreen If I Ain't Got You. To share with you, the guy in front of me at the concert, just bought the ticket to see her perform this song live. This proves how beautiful this song is.

I guess most of us will be oblivious the content lyric of her songs as we would be carried away by her music itself. Let me share with you, few of the lines from her songs that simply make me awed:

"I know some people search the world to find something like what we have, i know people will try, try to divide something so real, so till the end of time, i'm telling you that in the world; no one"  - No One

"Anybody could have told you right from the start it's 'bout to fall apart, so rather than hold on to a broken dream, I'll just hold on to love. And I can find a way to make it, don't hold on too tight, I'll make it without you tonight" - Sleeping With A Broken Heart 

"All the king's horses and all the king's men; they came marching through, they offered the world just to have what we got, but i found the world in you" - Not Even The King

"Careful with your ego, he's the one that we should blame had to grab my heart back, God knows something had to change, i thought you'd be happy, i found the one thing i need. Why you mad? It's just a brand new kinda me" -  Brand New Me

"When I'm breaking down and i can't be found. As i started to get weak, cause no one knows me underneath these clothes but i can fly" -  Superwoman

"Some people think that the physical things define what's within" If I Ain't Got You

No comments:

Post a Comment