Saturday, May 5, 2012

Food Bite: Little Italy Puchong & Nam Heong's Eggtarts Ipoh


I guess the most common problem everyone faces at workplace is what to eat for lunch.
Trust me, me and my colleague can take almost 15 minutes to decide what to eat. Even the driver of the day will randomly go to an area than only choose what to eat.

You see, my office is in Puchong and Puchong is like food paradise but the drawback is the limited parking spaces there. So our choices are narrowed in great by the parking factor.
But everytime we wanna have Italian cuisine, there’s a place that we always love to go; Little Italy in Bandar Puchong Jaya.

Little Italy
Not to be considered as authentic-fine-dining Italian restaurant but somehow, you can enjoy a decent wide range of Italian food with a decent price.

Ambiance wise, either you can be a lover or hater because it is so cozy as if you were in those little restaurant in Europe that it could really drive you to sleep.

Mushroom soup is a must have starter
I know it sounds common to have mushroom soup as an appetizer but Little Italy’s mushroom soup@RM6.90 is a starter that cannot be missed (compared to some restaurants which serve you with Campbell mushroom soup). As its gravy is appetizingly thick and tasty!

Hawaiian Chicken Pizza @RM11.90 – its crust is chewy and soft, with a crispy exterior
 Linguini Mamma Mia @ RM13.90 served with spicy chicken, garlic tomato,chilly and black pepper with balsamic sauce – not my favourite though  as it’s too watery  

This is my favourite! Spaghetti Vongole cooked with clams, chilly and broccoli in garlic sauce. I can’t resist its broccoli!
Little Italy also serves lunch set menu starting from RM9.90.

Pork-free

Opening times: Tue - Sun: 11.30am - 3.00pm / 6.00pm - 10.30pm
Closed on Mondays.

Parking: Limited (well, it’s puchong)

Location: No. 161, Jalan Kenari 23A, Bandar Puchong Jaya, 47100 Puchong, Selangor.

Tel: 03 8075 3081

GPS Coordinates: Lat: 3.043 - Lon: 101.62267

Before I end my note, last weekend I was in Ipoh to catch up with my ex classmate. So we went to Nam Heong White Coffee (the birthplace of white coffee) in oldtown, Ipoh. 

I guess everyone have tried Ipoh white coffee before so no need to blog how nice it is but if you are in Ipoh oldtown, you should try Nam Heong’s eggtart@RM1.30 each (but please bear with the long queue and limited seat)

Nam Heong's eggtart

Hot baked from oven with crispy pastry skin and the custard filling, it’s haven!!

Parking: Limited

Location: 2, Jalan Bandar Timah,
Ipoh Perak, 30000 (just opposite 20-storey flat in oldtown Ipoh)

No comments:

Post a Comment